top of page

When Someone

Passes Away

 Passed away at Home


When someone dies at home you should call their Doctor (GP) who will issue a Medical Certificate for the cause of death. If this a Locum or other Medical Practitioner they will issue a  Statement of Death. Please contact us so that we can bring your loved one into our care once the doctor has attended.


If you would like a little extra time with your loved one at home, please advise us as soon as possible, and we will give you guidance on this.


 Passing away in Hospital or Care Home


The Hospital bereavement or family liaison officers will offer you emotional support and practical advice about what to do next.  They will inform you where the nearest Registry Office is, so that you can register the death.


Once you have called us, Complete Funeral Services will liaise with the hospital or care home to make the necessary arrangements for you.


You should register the death within 5 days, but may contact us or come to see us beforehand if you would like to discuss the funeral arrangements.


Sudden Or Unexpected Death


When someone has died unexpectedly or the doctor is not certain of the cause of death, the case will often be referred to the Coroner’s Office.


It’s still a good idea to contact your funeral director at an early stage. A provisional date can be made, we will also help with some arrangements and we will liaise with the Coroner’s Office for you and confirm the date for the funeral.

Our dedicated staff are on hand 24Hrs a day to offer advice and guidance.

Seaham 0191 541 2373

Murton 0191 541 2363

bottom of page